Hilti provides leading-edge technology to the global construction industry. Hilti products, systems and services offer the construction professional innovative solutions with outstanding added value. The North American headquarters of Hilti is in Tulsa Oklahoma.
Almost 20,000 employees, in more than 120 countries around the world, enthuse our customers and build a better future.
The corporate culture is founded on integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment.
Hilti excels through outstanding innovation, top quality, direct customer relations and effective marketing. Two-thirds of the employees work directly for the customer in sales organizations and in engineering, which means a total of more than 200,000 customer contacts every day. Hilti has its own production plants as well as research and development centers in Europe and Asia.
Over 20,000 people work for Hilti in sales, marketing, engineering, research, development and manufacturing. We lead the market in terms of quality, added value and innovation.
Are you looking for a company to match your own ambitious career objectives?
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is a manager of managers responsible for the development of strategy, programs and personnel for in field Technical Service and support of overall strategic engineering goals. Specific focus on growth strategies of specified consumable products to the engineering community as well as training and direction for internal employee groups.
· Demonstrated ability to lead diverse, successful specification specific technical teams.
· Ability to develop & implement effective strategies.
· Understand interface and operates effectively in the matrix among Sales, Marketing, Technical Service and Customers.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal skills & directional delegation skills.
· Eight to Fifteen years minimum experience in engineering or related technical field.
· At minimum five years managing a team of direct reports. Preferably managing, managers.
· Undergrad or advanced degree in Structural, Civil or Mechanical engineering. A Masters or MBA is strongly preferred.
DIMENSIONS OF POSITION:
Personnel Supervised: Technical Service Managers, Field Engineers, Fire Protection Specialists and Project Managers.
Focus/Purpose: Accountable for the development of strategy, programs and personnel for Technical Service in support of overall strategic engineering and sales goals.
Controllable Budget: Operating Expenses as agree with MO SR. VP and GM
· Understand what the different Sales, Marketing and support functions do, and can effectively partner with them to maximize results.
· Establish a mutual sense of respect, trust & cooperation, working effectively with team colleagues on the Market Organization (Executive Management Team).
· Understand the codes, regulations, and technical market place as it relates to Hilti’s products, be able to plan accordingly, and effectively communicate issues and opportunities to the management team.
· Able to develop leadership talent for the organization.
· Develop initiatives within the M.O. to meet strategic objectives, provide more value to Hilti customers, and attain profitable growth.
· Develop specific action plans for the implementation of strategic initiatives with contingency plans.
· Support the development of a rolling forecast and adjust to market conditions.
· Build a highly competent & energized Technical Service management team who will create a motivational environment.
· Conduct an effective performance management process & give meaningful feedback & situational coaching.
· Hire, develop and evaluate (PM) Technical Support personnel to ensure a high level of competence in providing technical support for the Sales organization.
· Coordinate the activities of Technical Service Managers, Field Engineers, Fire Protection Specialists and Project managers in accordance with Champion 3C strategies and business objectives established for the M.O. and HNA.
· Time Management – increase the productivity of Technical Service and Sales personnel by steering activities which drive our business.
· Plan and conduct regular meetings/training which are effective in building the competence of the Technical Service team.
· Work with Corporate Product Business Units and Technical Service department to ensure Field Engineers, Fire Protection Specialists and project Managers are provided with timely, accurate and useful technical information and training in support of their assignments and market needs.
· Provide feedback as needed to product, trade and technical departments on customer/market needs as they relate to products, software or other programs.
· Assist in the annual development of technical support objectives including OYP, KSO and bonus plans.
Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb scaffolding, and lift as much as 40 pounds.
Up to 60% travel required.